Sunday, December 20, 2009

Barbie Loves Stila - Swatches, Review, & Product Photos

I decided to create a post about this wonderful set since it is now available at the Stila website for $20.00 - a true steal in my opinion. I am also going to add in the Foxy Barbie set, however, I do not see it on the Stila website anymore. It is available for a great price on ebay though :)

Barbie Loves Stila - 1959 #1 Ponytail Doll










Barbie Loves Stila - Foxy Doll












Review: 1959 #1 Ponytail Doll

Packaging: I admit that I am a total sucker for pretty packaging. However, what makes this packaging a bonus is the adorable paint can which can be used as a cosmetic brush holder, hair brush holder, etc

Eyeshadows: Both shadows are wonderfully pigmented and are a breeze to blend. The dark blue one has a shimmer to it which isn't overpowering and the black shadow has a matte consistency which can also be used as a liner.

Blush: Light coral color with illumining properties. I would say that the shade will probably be very flattering on most skin tones.

Lipstick: Cherry red color with a matte consistency. I would say this is the item I liked the least out of the bunch. The color is very pretty but it does not feel pleasant on my lips at all. I think it's way too drying - even for a matte.

Eyeliner: Decent liquid liner (black) which goes on smoothly. Not the best and not the worst I have tried. I found the color to be a bit of a dull black - almost a dark grey if I had to describe it.

Review: Foxy Doll

Packaging: See above.

Eyeshadows: As I mentioned in the review above, both shadows are highly pigmented and are a breeze to blend. In this set the 2 colors are in the metallic family and both do a fantastic job at brightening the eye area without an obnoxious amount of shimmer. They are truly gorgeous neutral shadows.

Blush: Another very nice coral shade except this one is darker with a matte consistency. Almost a mauvey coral color if that makes sense.

Lip Glaze: Sheer apricot lip gloss. I like the color alot but was underwhelmed at the complete sheerness of the product.

Mascara: I really didn't expect this mascara to be any good but I actually like it! I wouldn't say I love it enough to run out and purchase it but I will certainly use it until it dries out. Not a bad product at all and it's full size!

Overall - If anybody gets the opportunity to purchase these sets on sale I would say grab them. If nothing else just for the shadows alone.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice review and swatches! These tins are really cute - I love the Foxy can. The lip glaze doesn't look that sheer in the photo, though on lips I can imagine it sheering out heaps.
XO

Marlo said...

Thanks hun! You are so right about the lip glaze swatch - I should have mentioned that my lips are very very pigmented :)