Monday, April 22, 2013

NYX Round Lipstick - Pumpkin Pie - Review & Swatches

Click to enlarge

NYX Round Lipstick in Pumpkin Pie


ColorPale Peachy pink color with a very slight shimmer.
Price: $3.99 US (ULTA) 
$3.00 US (cherryculture.com) 

Pros: 
-Low price
-Cute packaging - A lot of people hate the plastic packaging but I like the fact that you can see the color on the bottom of the lipstick. 
-Nice color for people who do not have very pigmented lips.
-Soft texture.

Cons: 
-Smooth texture yet settled into fine lines and made my lips appear dry and cracked. Very strange
-Pigmentation was decent when swatched on wrist/arm area yet had very little color payoff on my lips.
-Soft texture yet it can border on greasy. Almost as if it doesn't sink in.


Click to enlarge - You have been warned.

Click to enlarge.
Top is layered twice and bottom is swiped once.


Overall: This lipstick was definitely not for me but I wouldn't say it is the worst product in the world. Once again I think it is best suited for people with lightly pigmented lips. The drying/greasy effect I can not explain but it doesn't seem to happen to everyone. 

1 comment:

Beauty, Events, and Free Stuff said...

I really like the color. Great for spring.