Friday, May 10, 2013

Birchbox - May 2013 - Swatches & Review

May 2013 - Birchbox


Click to Enlarge

Click to Enlarge to read the description & price of all the products below.
Beauty Protector - Protect & Detangle

Click to Enlarge

I am definitely looking forward to trying out this product as there are already many rave reviews on the Birchbox website. I will make sure to update with my own review! 

COOLA - Classic Face SPF 30 Cucumber Moisturizer for Face

Click to Enlarge
A friend of mine was just raving over this sunscreen (she tries to stick to Organic products as much as possible) so I was pleasantly surprised to see it in this month's box. It is way too soon to provide a full review but I can definitely say that the lotion absorbed into my skin immediately! Which is a huge difference from most sunscreen products that I have tried as they tend to be very greasy. I have read several complaints about the odor but I do not mind it at all. The smell kind of reminds me of melons. 

Joie - Folle de Joie eau de parfum

Click to Enlarge

I found the scent of this perfume parfum very mediocre at best. Most of the time I tend to gravitate towards expensive clothing and accessories but thank goodness that hasn't extended to perfumes. $98 dollars for a full size bottle? Sorry! I will stick to my 2 for $20 Bath & Body Works mists :) 

Sumita - Color Contrast Eyeliner



I am VERY impressed with this eyeliner. The minute I swatched it on my hand and saw how smoothly it glided on (with such strong pigmentation) I immediately though of my UD 24/7 pencil and took a comparison shot. Over 7 hours later the Sumita liner hasn't creased or faded at all and the UD lost some of it's brilliance and left a ring on my crease area (having oily hooded lids is a b**ch!) At $11 per liner I definitely plan on purchasing and I look forward to trying out their other products. Here is a site that sells the brand. 

Yes To Grapefruit - Daily Facial Scrub & Dark Spot Correcting Serum


I have never tried any of the Yesto products so it's pretty nice to have received this as a bonus. I just have to make sure to use it as I find that I don't try out these paper based samples that often. 

Overall
I found this box to be a 7 out of 10 in excitement value only because of the Sumita eyeliner. 
A 5 out of 10 for providing products that I typically want to try out. 
My last rating will come after everything has been sampled. 

How did you like this month's Birchbox? I would love to hear! 

No comments: