Tuesday, March 2, 2010

My Favorite Fall/Winter Plummy Shades

As the end of winter begins to draw near *yay!* I wanted to pay homage to my favorite fall/winter plummy shades that I absolutely wore out this season.

Blush


Bobbi Brown Pot Rouge in Velvet Plum - Beautifully rich plummy tone which when applied lightly gives my cheeks a wonderful yet deep wintry flush. Great product for all skin tones when used with the right tool. Nice for lips as well but can be a bit drying without a gloss on top.

NARS Sin - On my medium/light skin tone Sin comes across as a mauvey yet slightly plummy shade. There is some shimmer to this product yet it is slight and not overdone at all. As is the case with all of the NARS blushes that I own, I love how Sin perks up my complexion and makes my skin look alive and fresh. LOVE LOVE LOVE

*Please note that the swatches in the pic below appear a bit darker as they are layered on my skin*



Eye Shadow




MAC Handwritten - Beautiful dark brown/purple color which is perfect for a smokey eye and/or outer v. Fantastic Matte2 consistency which makes this shadow blend like a dream with amazing pigmentation.

NYX Eggplant - Shimmery purple color with a slight grey undertone. One of the few NYX purple shades that I could pull off.



Lips





Club Monaco Lipstick in Glaze - I find this lip color to be similar to Clinique's black honey except it is a bit richer in color. Applies beautifully and gives that perfect amount of plum color to the lips without looking like something that walked out of a 90's ad (btw I was guilty of rocking the dark browns in the 90's :) This lipstick was given to me by a very good friend who informed me that Monica Lewinski wore this in an interview hence making the product super popular. I believe it is now discontinued....much like Monica :)

Laura Mercier Plumping Lip Gloss Wildberry - Very pretty sheer berry tone. Very wearable alone or on top of lipstick. I believe this is discontinued too..what a shame.




No comments: