Wednesday, March 3, 2010

*Review* Lush Products


This past year I caught the LUSH bug. Here is a review on the some of the items that I purchased and how I feel about LUSH in general after the bug went loose.

1. Honey I Washed The Kids Soap - As I mentioned in my previous review, I adore the way this soap smells and out of all of the LUSH soaps that I have tried this scent seemed to linger on my skin the longest amount of time. It also had the best lather but the staying power (amount of time it takes to melt) was mediocre and the honey comb top was totally useless.

2. Rock Star Soap - This was another scent that I fell in love with. The best way I can describe the smell is bubble gum meets cotton candy meets vanilla. Now, normally I am not a fan of candy scented anything but this one is an exception to the rule. Good scent aside, this soap melted away very quickly although the lather was pretty decent.

3. A Ring of Roses Buttercream - Now, this is the description of buttercreams according to the LUSH website.
A Buttercream is what soap hopes to become in its next life if it behaves very well in this one. At LUSH we minimize the 'soap' part of our soaps so that we can fill them up with lots of other lovely things. Most soaps are 99% soap and 1% fragrance; 2% for a really posh one. Buttercreams are 20% soap to clean your body and 80% butters, oils, infusions and other fabulous things to get your skin looking and feeling lovely. Sounds good doesn't it? well it didn't work for me at all! This product had the best staying power but other then that it did nothing else. It barely lathered unless you rubbed it with a loofah, the scent was barely there, and with all of the butters, oils, and infusions that they add to it - it actually made my skin feel dry. Very pointless product.

4. Up You Gets Emotibomb - Emotibombs are basically bath bombs which are supposed to unleash a scent while you shower and provoke a certain "emotion" much like aromatherapy. Now, the whole emotion thing I take with a grain of salt although lavender does tend to calm me down when I am anxious but I digress...this was another product which did absolutely nothing for me at all. In the bag I was able to smell the emotibomb but once in the shower it lost it scent completely and I tried all different ways to get it to work. Nope..nada..nothing...another pointless product. Unless I purchased a bum bomb lol bum bomb :P

5. Therapy Massage Bar - Made out of shea butter, cocoa butter, and various oils; this bar was definitely very moisturizing to say the least. I had the hubster use it on my back and in turn I used it on him and it felt very nice for both of us - although it created an incredible greasy mess. After using it that one time I stored the rest of the bar away in my fridge believing that I would use it again until both my husband and I received a wonderful gift of a horrendous break-out on both of our backs. You know the kind of pimples that are painful and huge?? Yep, that's what we got. Needless to say Therapy went buh bye although really I should have known better. Maybe we used too much for one sitting?? *shrug*

6. Honey I Washed The Kids Solid Perfume - I saved the best for last. There isn't much to explain - this solid perfume is Honey I Washed the kids in solid form - packaged in a small container - perfect for rubbing on to the wrists and sides of the neck. There ya go! The perfect way to carry a great scent around on your skin. And the best part about it? I received it as an extra in a swap from a very lovely MUA member. I am still in awe of her generosity! This is by far the best product that I have had the pleasure of owning from LUSH. Why? Because it lasts and you actually get what you pay for.

Final Analysis - It goes without saying that my obsession with LUSH products has ended. I was happy to have tried all of these products out, painful pimples and all, as I am an experimental type of person by nature. However, I can't seem to scrub away the overwhelming feeling that I was being robbed without a gun for a bunch of overpriced gimmicky products that just don't cut the cake. Toilet meet money *flush* Now, having said that, it doesn't mean that this store isn't fun for an occasional indulgence or perhaps there are tons of items that are fantastic for other people but just didn't work for me....after all I haven't tried out the majority of stuff they have to offer so perhaps this review is even more juvenile then LUSH itself! Or maybe I am just bitter that I have to suffer through buyer's remorse - an emotion which makeupalley.com has cured since I can swap away my cosmetic mistakes and with LUSH it melted away before I got the chance to.

Whatever the case is...I saw...I tried...and I went :)

Anyway, let me get off of my soap box!

Bye!

No comments: